Director Business Development US East-Coast (located in Woburn, MA)
Employment type: Full-time
About Batavia Biosciences
Batavia helps to optimize the route from drug discovery to clinic by being a thought partner for our customers. By leveraging the combination of our expert workforce, our broad, international academic and public network and our extensive range of high-end services, we design the optimal route for our customers to reach the one person that we all are 100% committed to: the patient.
To help us take biopharmaceutical development to the next level, our team would love to welcome you as our new Director Business Development US East-Coast (located in Woburn, MA).
About the job
We are looking for an experienced Director Business Development US East-Coast. In this role you will be based in our office in Woburn, MA in US and manage the entire Batavia Biosciences business cycle for the US East-Coast. You will drive revenue based on annual targets and/or in line with the business needs at that time. This position reports to the Global Technical Sales Director based in the Netherlands.
Responsibilities for this role are:
- Increase Batavia Biosciences’ brand awareness.
- Develop and execute a business development strategy to identify and target potential new clients through effective market, revenue, and literature analyses as well as utilization of existing network.
- Maintain relationships with key individuals in the industry and have extensive and up to date knowledge of industry trends and key collaborations and partnerships.
- Contribute to short- and long-term territory business plans through in-depth understanding of revenue streams and potentials.
- Work with existing clients to maintain relationships and understand long-term manufacturing strategies to ensure repeat business.
- Manage the territory through the use of customer relationship management (CRM) tool and provide forecast reporting to management on a routine basis.
- Update and maintain the CRM database through rigorous documentation of all communications with clients and potential clients.
- Securing new customers and projects, and maintaining repeat business.
- Arrange meetings with existing clients on process development and manufacturing strategy in order to secure long-term collaborations.
- Participate with the Business Development and Technical Lead in the overall process for: proposal generation, responding to requests for information (RFI) or proposal (RFP) and contract negotiation (MSA).
- Provide management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Work closely with and effectively communicate with other members of the Business Development team in Leiden, and collaboratively with internal cross-functional teams (i.e., Project Management, Process Development, GMP Operations, Quality, and Finance).
- Attend and actively participate in industry tradeshows, conferences, networking events, and client on-site and off-site meetings, as well as internal Business Development meetings.
- Meeting/exceeding performance metrics including revenue goals.
Your letter of motivation and CV should show that you have:
- BA/BS in a scientific discipline or related field (MS, MBA, or PhD is a plus);
- 3-5 years of combined business development/sales and scientific/technical experience in the biopharmaceutical CDMO, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or life sciences industries;
- Experience/understanding of the proposal development process, business quotes, budgeting and managing to defined timelines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Highly motivated and able to work independently;
- Provide quality leadership in the projects and activities that you initiate;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Creative talent with the ability to solve complex problems;
- In-depth knowledge of the industry and trends;
- Skilled in prioritizing and triaging obligations and responsibilities;
- Fluent in English, any additional language is a plus.
You will join a great group of international researchers in a very collaborative environment. To help us take biopharmaceutical development to the next level, our team would love to welcome you as our new Director Business Development US East-Coast.
You can send your application to Mrs. Ingrid van Aarle, HR Manager, email email@example.com
No unsolicited assistance from search firms is accepted for this employement opportunity.