Employment type: Full-time
About Batavia Biosciences
Batavia helps to optimize the route from drug discovery to clinic by being a thought partner for our customers. By leveraging the combination of our expert workforce, our broad, international academic and public network and our extensive range of high-end services, we design the optimal route for our customers to reach the one person that we all are 100% committed to: the patient.
To help us take biopharmaceutical development to the next level, our team would love to welcome you as our new Facility Manager.
About the job
We are looking for a service oriented Facility Manager with experience in GMP for our Operations department in Leiden, The Netherlands.
The major responsibilities of a Facility Manager are:
- Leading and managing the Facilities group and warehousing in supporting maintenance, security, equipment, purchasing, infrastructure documentation including up-to-date drawings and logistic activities to ensure they meet the needs of R&D and GMP Operations;
- Managing the costs associated with maintenance of equipment and facilities, including both the services performed in-house and services contracted to suppliers and service providers;
- Serving as the organizational “owner” of the inventory management system, Is accountable for the Quality Management System and GMP compliance in this field;
You will join a stimulating group of international researchers in a very collaborative environment with great future development opportunities. As part of this group, your personal as well as your technical growth are encouraged and developed. This position reports to the Director Operations.
Your letter of motivation and CV should show that you have:
- At least a Bachelor in Science degree (or equivalent) in the engineering field (biotechnological, biological, chemical or electro-mechanical);
- Proven experience, at least 7 years, in facility management / supervision, preferably in the pharmaceutical manufacturing field;
- Fluency in English both verbal and technical writing skills;
- Strong professional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Must have the ability to multi-task with the understanding of priorities based on safety, business needs, and customer satisfaction;
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service to internal and external customers;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and BMS (Building Management Systems);
- A comprehensive understanding of facilities management, equipment repair and preventive maintenance programs;
- Have an experience or background with building management systems, installation, upgrading and maintaining heating and air conditioning, plumbing, and/or electrical systems;
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to complete assignments with minimal supervision;
- Ability to develop and follow strategies for crisis management situations;
- Hands-on mentality.
You are enthusiastic and comfortable in a dynamic environment and can work both in a team and individually. You communicate clearly at all levels; you can get your thoughts, ideas and knowledge across in a helpful way. The work involves both hands-on and theoretical work. Your planning and organization skills allow you to have an overview of the necessary work and you are able to meet deadlines.
You can send your application to Mrs. Ingrid van Aarle, HR Manager, email@example.com
No unsolicited assistance from search firms is accepted for this employment opportunity.