Employment type: Fulltime
About Batavia Biosciences
Batavia helps to optimize the route from drug discovery to clinic by being a thought partner for our customers. By leveraging the combination of our expert workforce, our broad, international academic and public network and our extensive range of high-end services, we design the optimal route for our customers to reach the one person that we all are 100% committed to: the patient.
To help us take biopharmaceutical development to the next level, our team would love to welcome you as our new Project/Financial Controller.
About the job
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic Controller who has at least 3-5 years of relevant experience in the field of accounting and financial control or auditing, preferable in a project organization.
This role will be a combination of project (business) control and financial control for both of our entities (The Netherlands and USA). This positions reports to the Finance Manager and is based at our Headquarters in Leiden, The Netherlands.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Prepare financial project information for project managers;
- Financial project forecast calculation, including percentage of completion;
- Determine the work in progress on a monthly base;
- Send out customer invoices and make sure that they pay in time;
- Cost price calculations per hour;
- Tracking of actual costs vs available budget per project;
- Tracking of actual margin vs budgeted margin per project;
- Being highly involved in maintaining and improve current processes and setting up needed analysis.
- Preparation of the monthly balance sheet and profit and loss account;
- Preparing of cost center reports to track actual costs against budget/forecast;
- Involved in budget process and quarterly forecast preparations;
- Involved in year-end financial statements process (including contact with accountants);
- Key role in the accounting process and pro-actively attitude to suggest improvements;
- Top line P&L analysis;
- Preparing regular financial analyses;
- Maintaining a documented system of accounting policies and procedures, including adequate internal controls;
- Reviewing of the journal entries booked by financial assistant.
You are enthusiastic and comfortable in a dynamic environment. You can handle a healthy pressure of meeting deadlines and you don’t bounce back for changes. You have excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, are self-starting and choose to invest in your personal growth. You protect the integrity of the numbers, are quality driven and defend your own opinion, also when the outcome is unexpected.
You can send your application to Mrs. I. van Aarle, HR Manager, email@example.com
No unsolicited assistance from search firms is accepted for this employment opportunity.