QC Technician Assays
Employment type: Full-time
About Batavia Biosciences
Batavia helps to optimize the route from drug discovery to clinic by being a thought partner for our customers. By leveraging the combination of our expert workforce, our broad, international academic and public network and our extensive range of high-end services, we design the optimal route for our customers to reach the one person that we all are 100% committed to: the patient.
To help us take biopharmaceutical development to the next level, our team would love to welcome you as our new QC Technician Assays.
About the job
We are looking for a QC Technician within our Assay department to strengthen our team. The successful candidate will have a background in the biological/pharmaceutical/manufacturing industry.
At our Leiden location, the Assay department is responsible for all tests that are performed on purified and in-process biopharmaceutical samples (e.g. viral vaccines and viral vectors) for product release, stability studies and in-process sample monitoring. With QC integrated in the Assay Department, the team is able to implement, develop, qualify and execute analytical assays for both R&D and GMP purposes. As such, they are well positioned to support smooth transition for any biopharmaceutical from the laboratory bench to the clinic.
The responsibilities of a QC technician are:
- Preparation and Execution of experiments;
- Generate/analyse data and reviews with peers/supervisor;
- Participate in quality investigations and CAPA initiatives as needed;
- Responsible for assay trending and reporting;
- Support environmental monitoring activities under GMP;
- Responsible for execution of QC shipments (outgoing/incoming) and ensure proper handling and storage;
- Maintain inventory of QC samples;
- Oversees and participates in the release process of materials for GMP;
- Support and execute general maintenance lab tasks;
- Ensures that QC guidelines are followed;
- Train, develop, coach and mentor other personnel in QC;
- EHS regulations are followed by team members;
- Perform other work-related activities as assigned by supervisor.
We would like to receive your letter of motivation and CV if you fit the following requirements:
- HLO or BSc degree with experience working in a QC capacity in a biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry environment;
- 1-3 year relevant work experience
- Experience in working with quality systems, such as GMP or GLP;
- Displays knowledge and understanding of the QC methods;
- Good command of the English language (written and spoken);
- Strong written communication skills;
- Experience in handling incoming and outgoing QC samples/shipments is desirable;
- Background / experience in microbiology in the context of environmental monitoring is a plus;
- Proven experience with cell based and/or biochemical assays used for virus analysis such as ELISA, (q)PCR, infectivity / potency assays, and Western Blot. HPLC is a plus;
- Experience with biopharmaceutical process development is favourable;
- Experience with assay qualification is a plus;
- Pro-active, able to work independently as well as in a team, keen attention to detail, flexible and organized;
In the interviews, you should show that:
You are enthusiastic and feel comfortable in a dynamic environment, working both in a team and individually. Communicate clearly at all levels and you can get your thoughts, ideas and knowledge across in a helpful way. You are critical and have good problem-solving skills. In your work you have a high quality standard and good documentation and reporting skills.
Are you a detailed-oriented individual with an affinity for writing who enjoys diversified and challenging work? You can send your application to our HR Manager, Mrs. Ingrid van Aarle, e-mail email@example.com