Scientist Viral Vector Development
Employment type: Fulltime, Parttime
About Batavia Biosciences
Batavia helps to optimize the route from drug discovery to clinic by being a thought partner for our customers. By leveraging the combination of our expert workforce, our broad, international academic and public network and our extensive range of high-end services, we design the optimal route for our customers to reach the one person that we all are 100% committed to: the patient.
To help us take biopharmaceutical development to the next level, our team would love to welcome you as our new Scientist Viral Vector Development.
About the job
We are looking for a Scientist Viral Vector & Vaccine Development for our Viral Vector Development department in Leiden, The Netherlands. This department works on generation, characterization and analysis of viruses and viral vectors both at R&D and pre-GMP level.
The scientist is responsible for designing studies, planning the work, drafting study plans and reports, and coaching (senior) technicians. Additionally, the scientist has a pivotal role in project teams regarding deliverables and interacting with other departments within Batavia Biosciences. Strong communication and organizational skills are therefore essential and flexibility is a must.
You will join an ethusiastic group of international researchers in a collaborative environment. As part of this group, your personal as well as your scientific growth are encouraged and developed. This position reports to the Associate Director Viral Vector Development and indirectly to Project Managers.
Your letter of motivation and CV should show that you have:
• A PhD degree in Life Sciences (preferably Virology);
• Relevant experience in a biotechnology or bio pharmaceutical industry environment involving organizational aspects as well as viral vaccine development;
• GMP experience and pharmaceutical technology transfer skills are favorable;
• Good command of the English language (written and spoken).
We are looking for a candidate that is:
• Enthusiastic and comfortable in a dynamic environment;
• Can work both in a team and individually;
• Is pro-active and communicates clearly at all levels; you can get your thoughts, ideas and knowledge across in a helpful and clear way;
• Your planning and organizational skills allow you to have an overview of the necessary work and you are able to meet deadlines.
You can send your application to Mrs. Ingrid van Aarle, HR Manager, by email recruitment: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition regarding this position is not appreciated.