(Sr.) Technician Upstream Viral Production Development
Employment type: Full-time
About Batavia Biosciences
Batavia helps to optimize the route from drug discovery to clinic by being a thought partner for our customers. By leveraging the combination of our expert workforce, our broad, international academic and public network and our extensive range of high-end services, we design the optimal route for our customers to reach the one person that we all are 100% committed to: the patient.
To help us take biopharmaceutical development to the next level, our team would love to welcome you as our new (Sr.) Technician Upstream Viral Production Development.
About the job
We are looking for a Technician Upstream Viral Production Development with experience in mammalian cell culturing and viral vector development and production for our Operations department in Woburn, Massachusetts, USA. As a Technician Upstream Viral Production Development you will be responsible for the day-to-day laboratory operations, involving cell culture (adherent and suspension cells), virus propagation related techniques, analyses such as plaque assays and PCR, and western blot.
You will join an enthousiastic group of international researchers in a very collaborative environment. As part of this group, your personal as well as your scientific growth are encouraged and developed. In this position you will report to a scientist in the viral vector development department.
Your letter of motivation and CV should show that you have:
- Sc. Degree in life sciences;
- At least 2 years of experience in a biotechnology or biopharmaceutical industry environment;
- Proven background in mammalian cell culturing and viral propagation and production;
- Experience with cell culture, for example in T-flask, roller-bottle and (disposable) bioreactor up to 10L scale;
- Knowledge of viral infection and virus propagation optimization;
- Experience of bioprocess development, process scale up and process technology transfer;
- Familiar with basic viral characterization assays, such as PFU, WB, PCR is a plus.
In the interviews you should show that:
- You are enthusiastic and comfortable in a dynamic environment.
- You can work both in a team and individually. You communicate clearly at all levels.
- You can get your thoughts, ideas and knowledge across in a helpful and clear way.
- You have experience in cell culture and virology and are familiar with analyses.
- You enjoy both hands-on and theoretical work.
- You are capable of keeping track of experimental results in lab journals, have an overview of the necessary work, and to meet deadlines.
Please send your application to our HR Manager, Mrs. Ingrid van Aarle, by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition regarding this position is not appreciated.