Batavia Biosciences BV is the controller of personal data collected by the business and respects the privacy of all the users of its website and treats all the personal information provided by them as confidential. This policy sets out what information we collect, how we use your personal information and on what basis, how long we keep your information, who we share it with, how we protect it and your rights relating to this.
What personal information do we collect about you?
We may collect personal information about you through the course of your dealings with us in the course of our business, including when you use our website to send us a message through a contact form, when you make use of our services or as a result of a relationship which you have with one of our staff of clients.
The personal information which we process includes:
- Basic information such as your name, the company you work for, your title and position
- Contact information such as your postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers
- Technical information such as information from requests which you have sent through our website or communications which we have sent to you electronically
- Information which you provide to us for the purposes of attending meetings or other events with us, such as access and dietary requirements
- Any other information relating to you which you provide to us
How do we use your personal information?
We collect a process personal data in a number of ways, including through your use of the contact form on our website and in the context of a business relationship with us. We use that information:
- To answer requests or questions which you have sent to us
- To provide and improve our services to you and other clients
- To promote our services, including sending updates as to our business, publications and details of events
- To fulfil our legal, regulatory and other obligations
The contact form and job application page on our website allows you to send us personal information. The purpose of these two elements of the website is apparent at the point that you provide your personal information and we only use that information for those purposes. Your information will not be disclosed to third parties without your consent, unless we cannot carry out your request without doing this.
We collect, create, hold and use personal information in the course of and in connection with the services which we provide to our customers. We process personal information provided to us by or on behalf of our customers for the purposes of the work which we do for them. This information may be disclosed to third parties to the extent reasonably necessary in connection with that work.
On what basis do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information on the following bases:
- To perform a contract, such as engaging with you or your employer to provide services
- To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, in particular in relation to biological safety, where necessary
- For legitimate business purposes (See “How do we use your personal information?” for more detail)
How long do we keep your information?
Your personal information will be retained in accordance with our data retention policy which specifies appropriate retention periods for each category of data. Those periods are based on the requirements of applicable data protection laws and the purpose for which we collect and use your personal information.
With whom do we share your personal information?
We may share any personal information you share with us with our US subsidiary (Batavia Biosciences Inc) and with certain trusted third parties in accordance with contractual arrangements we have in pace with them, including:
- Our professional advisers and auditors
- Suppliers to who we outsource certain support services including IT support and back-up functions
- Third parties engaged in the course of the services which we provide to our customers with their prior consent
Where necessary or for the reasons set out above, personal information may also be shared with regulatory authorities, courts, tribunals, governmental agencies and law enforcement agencies. If we are required to disclose your information to comply with legal or regulatory requirements, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you before we do so, unless we are legally restricted from doing this.
We do not sell, rent or otherwise make personal information commercially available to any third party, except with your prior permission.
How do we protect your information?
We use a variety of technical and organisational measures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction consistent with applicable data protection laws.
Your rights regarding your personal information
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and other applicable data protection laws provide certain rights for data subjects.
You are entitled to request details of the information we hold about you and how we process it. You may also have a right in accordance with applicable data protection law to have it rectified or deleted, to restrict our processing of that information, to stop unauthorized transfers of your personal information to a third party and, in some circumstances, to have personal information relating to you transferred to another organisation. You may also have the right to lodge a complaint in relation to Batavia’s processing of your personal information with a local supervisory authority.
If you object to the processing of your personal information, or if you have provided your consent to processing and you later choose to withdraw it, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations.
Your objection (or withdrawal of any previously given consent) could mean that we are unable to perform the actions necessary to achieve the purposes set out or that you may not be able to make use of the services and products offered by us. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law.
We must ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. Therefore, please advise us of any changes to your information by emailing us at email@example.com.
Cookies to improve your experience
1) Our website uses technical cookies to ensure that certain functionalities of the site work properly, for example the contact form.
2) Our website makes use of tracking cookies by Google Analytics to track visitor statistics. Batavia Biosciences uses these statistics to continuously improve the website, and thus offer you relevant content.
Tracking cookies on our website: Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics to gain insight into, among other things, the visitor flows, traffic sources and page views on our website. This means that Google acts as a processor in the processing of personal data by us. We have a processing agreement with Google.
Information that is collected by Google Analytics is anonymised, as much as possible. For example, we are not able to see which individual visitors are behind which visits to our website. Google will never process your full IP address and always masks the last section of your IP address. Google does not use the collected information for its own purposes. Batavia Biosciences has not given Google permission to use information that way. In addition, we do not use other Google services in combination with Google Analytics cookies.